Thursday, January 13, 2011

Advice from the Amish

This is a clip of an article from The Budget, an Amish newspaper.
    “A common question now in America. How can I become Amish? Answer: If you admire our faith, strengthen yours. If you admire our sense of commitment, deepen yours. If you admire our community spirit, build your own. If you admire the simple life, cut back. If you admire deep character and enduring values, live them yourself."
Community stands out to me in this passage. I’m crocheting a prayer shawl for my friend who’s mom and husband passed away within 3 days. Community among the Amish is strengthened during times of need, whether making quilts to sell for their hospital fund, or making friendship bread to take to a sick friend.
Today while the snow flies in PA, I’m crocheting for a friend in need. Blessings! Karen Anna Vogel

No comments:

Post a Comment